Thursday 30 June 2016

Employment opportunities and job roles in the media sector



Job roles in the media sector

They are a bunch of different jobs in the media sector and they are all different. There is one called freelance this means that someone works for themselves and will find their own jobs. For example if someone made there own short films they would find people who wanted a short film making like for wedding. This can be a good job because you can travel and get lots of experience and you're your own boss. However you might not get a lot of jobs and some parts of the year might be more popular than the other. For example you might go and do a lot of films in the summer or winter because they're popular times of year but you might not get many in spring because that's not as popular and people might not want films for around that time. Also time management is important for the film industry because if you do not show up on time or keep everything on track things can get out of hand and you can get confused which will lead you into falling behind schedule.

Bethany Rose Rowland
2 Sandwell Avenue Priestfields  
Middlesbrough
TS3 0JN
07914 115057

Personal Profile-
I'm a very hardworking, polite, use my own initiative, good listener and I can work both on my own and in a team. Throughout school I did not take media but I did use to make short films and videos just as hobbie which helped me learn a lot of skills before I came to college. I have now taken a media course in college in which I have learned more new skills and learned about job roles in the media sector which will help me determine what specific job I would like in that industry.

Work Experience-
My work experience was at Middlesbrough Football Club and this helped me learn many skills that can help me in the media sector. Its helped me with life skills like working in a team, talking confidently and how to be organised. 

Grades-
English Literature         C
English Language         C
History                          E
French                           C
Textiles                         D
Religious Education     C
Science                         P2
Maths                            F

In my maths I did get a bad grade but since I have come to college I have passed my entry 3 maths and level 1 maths. I was only expected to pass entry 3 but I got moved up to level 1 and passed that within year which shows determination.  

This is a link to all the work I have done so far this year-
https://vimeo.com/user46811374
Yours sincerely
Bethany Rowland







Dear Sir/Madam

In response to your advertisement on Euspert, I would appreciate if you would look at my CV and consider me for the role of a runner.

As you can see by my CV I can work really well in teams and on my own. I also have a lot of determination which I think is very important in this industry. I believe I am right for this job because I am always prepared for any tasks you give me and  will always try my best.

I believe that I will go far in the media sector and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Bethany Rowland

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment