Tuesday 14 June 2016

Evaluating Audience Responses (Kevin's assignment)


Evaluating Audience Responses


What is you own personal response to the animation you have been produced?

I think that the animation could have went a lot better. For example I think I should have done the time-lapse in a popular place so then you can clearly see the time-lapse happening. In my time lapse you can only see the sky line change slightly and a few people walk past. I just feel that it should be more entertaining/ exciting. Also I think I should have done better editing because I don't really like the cliche music. 


These are my results:



I got a 22 on the quality of my animation which I think is good. Sound only got 18 which is understandable because I know the music was not the best and was boring. Editing was 16 which is also understandable because I know I could have edited the time-lapse better because the opening was very basic and nothing original. The storyline got 25 which I'm happy about however i do think i could have shot the time-lapse in a better place so the story would have been better. For example I could have filmed the sun setting or cars going past on a main road. But I thought I would film it from my front window to see how many people go past during the day. 

In my animation I was trying to see how many people go past my house in a few hours. However when I tried to film the time-lapse their was not many people around so you only see a couple of people. I was originally meant to make a small animation with clay but I didn't have the patience to make the clay into the characters I wanted. But i tried. I also bought the box for the set, magazines for my background or for extra props and I got materials for the 'characters'. Plus I got tools for the clay too. Every time I tried to add parts to the characters another part would fall off so I chose to do a time lapse instead. However when I chose to do the time lapse it was at last minute so it didn't go as nicely as I wanted it to. 


Planning-
I originally wanted to make a small animation that would be inspired my little mix's song 'Love me like you' but i couldn't make the characters. However I did buy everything you need to make the animation happen for example I bought a box (for the set), clay (for the characters),materials (for the characters outfits), tools, magazines for the 'set' and a bunch of other things. However the planning for my time lapse was to see how many people go past my house in a few hours. 

Pre-Production-
I did start making the characters but then I got frustrated and stopped because I couldn't do it. So I used a extension cable box as a tripod for in the window. This is also when i chose where i was going to get the best footage. 

Production-
In the production I was originally going to bring my models/characters and everything in with the set and do the animation in class with the webcam from college. But I chose to do the time lapse with my iPhone 6s camera and I propped the iPhone up against the extension box and filmed out of the window. 

Post Production- 
I used iMovie to edit the video. Which could have gone a lot better. I used 'Happy Instrumental' for my music which wasn't the best because it was nothing special or exciting. Then I added a title to my 30 second film which is called 'My Time Lapse', I added the time lapse after that and then put some credits at the end. 

Some people said that the music could have been better which I agree with because its nothing exciting or something that will make you want to listen to it again. So I know that next time I should find some better music but I was originally going to use the instrumental from 'cake by the ocean' but it didn't fit well with my footage and it wouldn't download properly and that's why I ended up with this music. A number of people did not like the title at the beginning which I also agree with because I find it a little immature because it doesn't really fit the time lapse well and it reminded me of a 2012 youtube video which I don't like. But to my surprise people enjoyed the storyline which means overall they enjoyed the short film but they where not a big fan of the title and music. What I learnt from this is that I need to choose better music that works well with the time lapse/ what ever storyline I choose next time. I also need to use a more appropriate title so then it doesn't look childish with the time lapse and choose one thats eye catching so then more people will want to watch the video. The information I got back helped me a lot and I know what I need to do better next time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment